We are looking for data scientists with a passion in analytics to be part of our data scientist team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of data scientists delivering high quality data science training programmes.
• Manage, formulate and devise training programs (preferably data science programmes): course outline, modules & training material Maintain and deliver to a high standard classroom and web based training sessions
• Evaluate and report on the results of training programs including trainees feedback
and course evaluations
• Deliver training on data science topics to audiences ranging from university
graduates and data professionals up to PhD-level students
The ideal candidate will be/have:
• Experienced in teaching a quantitative subject & able to deliver data science training
• PhD in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or with relevant working experience in a similar discipline.
• Strong knowledge of statistics.
• Expertise in at least one statistical software package, preferably SAS or SPSS.
• Knowledge in SQL is preferred but not a must.
• At least 3 years working experience working in an analytics team preferably in a corporate environment, commercial or learning organisation.
• Preferably skilled in Python/R or C++
• Some experience with the Hadoop framework and associated tools such as Pig, Hive, Spark, etc and NoSQL.
• Ability to teach and apply machine learning to solve business related problems
• Ability to communicate and connect with all levels from fresh graduates to advanced level
• Ability to empathise with the audience
• Have a well-organised disciplined way of working
• A strong team player
• Ability to articulate ideas, discuss options and execute on the agreed objectives
• Outcome orientated
• Excellent English verbal, written & presentation skills
• Excellent Microsoft office skills