DIP Analytics, a startup in stealth mode at the intersection of the highly-competitive automotive industry and modern machine learning approaches, is looking to fill a Data Scientist position. You can find the details on their hompage as well as below.
DIP Analytics, a machine learning startup, has an immediate opening for an entry-level Data Scientist (full-time) fluent in R.
DIP Analytics is a startup in stealth mode at the intersection of the highly-competitive automotive industry and modern machine learning approaches. Its growing, international
team of mathematicians and developers – supported by seasoned automotive consultants – develops solutions for automated cost estimations of complex manufacturing parts with the
help of data analytics, machine learning and computational geometry. DIP Analytics is an engineering company and thrives to become a global pioneer and leader in its B2B market.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Data cleaning and exploration of diverse data sources; model development (regression and classification) with state of the art machine learning frameworks; visualisation of results, creation of dashboards.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines in R for DIP Analytics’ core product. Work with developers to further advance data structures and implement your models into the broader solution architecture.
- Contributing cross-functionally to an interdisciplinary team solving complex computational or statistical challenges.
- Documentation and review of code.
Ideal Candidate Background
- Completed studies (min. bachelor degree) in a quantitative discipline, e.g. mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, data science.
- Basic understanding of statistics as well as machine learning methodology and terminology.
- Relevant data science work experience in regression/classification analysis is of advantage.
- Good programming skills in the field of data science in R (caret, Shiny, tidyverse, ggplot2). Additional knowledge in Python is of advantage. Skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.
- Further knowledge in computer science, e.g. in the areas of parallelisation, scalability, numerical methods, scientific computing, is of advantage.
- Ability to solve challenging tasks independently and self-directed .
- Pro-active interest into current research and development in above-mentioned areas.
- Excellent English skills required, German skills are an advantage.
- Readiness to travel (occasional business trips within Europe)
Work place is Vienna. We guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote
the minimum wage of EUR 2.393,– gross per month for this position, in accordance with the respective collective agreement (‘UBIT’). We expect to significantly overpay this