At Musimap we leverage the latest in machine learning and deep learning methods, empowered by a database of more than 1 million tracks labelled manually in a large-scale effort by music experts. We perform cloud-based big data analyses from the global catalog of music (35+ million tracks) to extract information about genres, sub-styles, vocal gender, moods and dozens of other parameters. Musimap is a B2B company and our customers include music streaming companies, labels, production music companies and advertising & branding companies – such as BMG, Warner Music, Universal Music, KontentCore, UnMute, and others. We also partner with IRCAM, BMAT, SoundtrackYourBrand and other institutions in the European H2020 project FuturePulse.
- MSc in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Music Informatics or related field
- Experience in recommender systems (ideally for music recommendation)
- Good knowledge of Python and Data Science frameworks (such as numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, …)
- Good programming skills and good documentation skills
- Goal driven and product-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and also as a good team-worker
- Proficiency in English
- PhD in Computer Science, Informatics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Music Informatics or related field
- 2.5+ years of experience in recommender systems (ideally for music recommendation)
- Having worked in a real-world company setting
- Experience with big data analysis (stacks such as Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, HBase …) and/or highly scalable retrieval systems
- Experience with Deep Learning (both methods and relevant frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, pyTorch…)
- Experience in music analysis (signal processing)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Our company is growing and we are looking for passionate, self-driven and eager minds to come work with us on bringing the music recommendation and targeting market to the next level.
Our headquarter is in Brussels, Belgium. We have nice new offices at seedfactory in Brussels, which hosts other creative companies and regular art installations and events. We would like you to join our team in Brussels (remote work only acceptable in rare cases).
Musimap is an equal opportunity workplace and embraces diversity in our growing team. We welcome world-wide applications from diverse backgrounds and encourage particularly female applicants.
We offer you
- A dynamic environment at the intersection of music, tech & AI
- The opportunity to work in a real-world setting analyzing the global music catalogue (50M songs)
- A passionate team of 15 eager minds, which is meant to grow and become a global leader in emotion-aware music recommendation
- A competitive salary, depending on your experience and opportunities to grow within the company
- Participation in music & tech conferences & festivals
- An exciting market, disrupting music industry, advertising and the heavily growing field of smart assistants and smart devices
Reach out to us at email@example.com!
We have built fully Deep Learning based music search and tagging products. Our recent innovation „MusiMe“ is able to characterize people’s music listening habits into personality types following the MBTI and other schemes and brings music targeting and recommendation to a whole new level of personalization with regards to people’s interests & moods.