The goal of the interdisciplinary branch Hearing, Speech and Audio Technology consisting of engineers, computer scientists, physicists and psychologists is to implement scientific findings on auditory perception and human-machine interaction in technological applications. Scientists carry out applied research and development on behalf of industrial companies and public institutions in the fields of telecommunications, multimedia, health and care services, building technology, transport, industrial production and security.
The branch lab was established in Oldenburg in 2008 as part of the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT. As a partner in the cluster of excellence »Hearing4all« it has close scientific cooperation with the Carl von Ossietzky Universität, Oldenburg.
Das Fraunhofer IDMT develops easily adaptable, highly efficient recognizers for use on embedded systems (without connection to the Internet) or in server infrastructures, e.g. for the transcription of parallel telephone calls in call centers, voice-supported documentation for production and quality control or for voice-enabled devices.
- Development and implementation of data handling / data storing concepts for training data of automatic speech recognition
What we expect from you
- Very good M.Sc. or Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related areas with a particular focus on machine learning, automatic speech recognition and/or linguistics or speech analysis
- Experience with software projects in the area of speech corpora, language models, databases, data handling, server infrastructures, in best case for automatic speech recognition applications (e.g. efficient data storage, access, and deletion concepts)
- Experience with scripting (e.g. in Python), Linux shell programming, databases, text normalization, linguistics, LaTeX
- Experience in HTML / Javescript is a plus
- Language modelling experience (e.g. SRILM, Pocolm, CMUSLM) is a plus
- Experience in development of algorithms and tools for machine learning / automatic speech recognition (e.g. KALDI, PyTorch, etc.) and/or deep learning is a plus
- Independent and responsible work ethic
- Excellent analytical skills, quick understanding of technical and scientific questions
- Applied approach to R&D tasks
- Comfortable working in a team
- Profound knowledge of German, English (and possibly 3rd language) is of advantage
What you can expect from us
- An interesting task area at the junction of science and application
- Challenging and diversified international research projects as well as close collaboration with industry partners from various countries
- Very well equipped infrastructure
- Flat hierarchies, a loyal work environment in a committed, international team
- Room for creativity
- Very good work-life balance and family friendly arrangements (e.g. flexible working hours and a “parent-child office”)
Appointment, remuneration and social security benefits based on the public-sector collective wage agreement (TVöD).
The working time consists of 39 hours per week.
The position is initially limited for 3 years.
In case of identical qualifications preference will be given to severely disabled candidates.
We would like to point out that the chosen job title also includes the third gender.
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft emphasises gender-independent professional equality.
This vacancy is also available on a part-time basis.
Fraunhofer is Europe’s largest application-oriented research organization. Our research efforts are geared entirely to people’s needs: health, security, communication, energy and the environment. As a result, the work undertaken by our researchers and developers has a significant impact on people’s lives. We are creative. We shape technology. We design products. We improve methods and techniques. We open up new vistas.
Frau Andrea Cebulla
|Job Reference: IDMT-2019-22||Closing Date: 08.09.2019|