Part time (10h/week with the option to increase the weekly hours*)
The Complexity Science Hub Vienna is a young research institution dedicated to gaining a deeper quantitative and predictive understanding of complex systems. We provide an exciting, creative environment free of bureaucratic constraints for open-minded visionaries who are brave enough to step out of mainstream science.
Do you have formal education or experience in Linux system administration, network administration, and systems security? Do you have initiative to work and can collaborate with a diverse team of researchers? Ideally, a background in computer science or mathematics? Then you can expect a stimulating position in a dynamic, internationally oriented, appreciative and open working environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Linux systems administration in a multi-user environment
- User management and documentation
- Systems maintenance and management of storage space
- Software systems set up: database management and SQL knowledge is a plus
- Network administration
- IP address management, VPN set up
- Developing and implementing backup strategies
- Systems security
- Firewall configuration
- Systems security maintenance and management of IT security issues
- Administration of IT systems for research data-handling including::
- Building systems and security concepts for GDPR-compliant handling of research data
- Software development in scripting languages, for example Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Establishment / renting of required server and data-storage infrastructure
Min. salary of € 750,– gross/month for 10 hours / week (option to increase the number of weekly hours). Over payment is possible depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Your application should include a curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and any additional material that helps us to understand that you are technically skilled and creative. We especially encourage female candidates to apply. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, first application deadline: July 15, 2020. Further applications will be screened until the position is filled.